Tuesday, March 16, 2010

16 and Pregnant

So I watch the show 16 and pregnant. Most of the girls and some of the boyfriends/fathers are so adamant about keeping the baby and raising it themselves. I think that they're being stupid, they aren't doing the right thing in my mind. The parents of the girls who are pregnant support them. In the episodes they don't even consider adoption at all and that's what saddens me the most. I wish the parents of the girls would at least consider it. These girls are only 16 years old they aren't even out of high school yet and they're moms? They need to consider it. I'm sorry I want to go to college and become an adoption case worker so that's why I'm so hard on these girls, they need to realize what the choices they make now will have consequences later. These girls don't understand that their kids have a higher chance of becoming teen parents because of this. They need to think about that.

1 comment:

Tedi @ Running with Infertility said...

Look at you miss all grown up! I'm glad you want to be an adoption case worker. I have a friend who is one right now. So if you ever want to talk to her about what it's like to make sure you really want to do that then i can give you her information. :)

We should get mom commenting on our posts! :D