Sunday, August 28, 2011

Movie Review: Defending Your Life

Here is the synopsis: After Daniel Miller crashes his BMW convertible into a bus, he's transported to "Judgement City," where he meets the love of his life, Julia. Unfortunately, Daniel needs to defend his life on Earth before he can ascend to heaven with Julia. He frantically attempts to explain the positive things he's accomplished, but soon realized that Julia may be too good for him.

I really liked this movie, I kind of got it on a whim because I saw it on Netflix with movies you might like. So I put it in the queue and it came yesterday and I finally watched it after waiting months. It was interesting to see some peoples perspective on what happens after we're dead.

Like it says in the synopsis Daniel has to defend his life. He's in a court room with his defender and there's a prosecutor and two judges. The judges decide if you should go back to earth and try to not be so fearful or if you can move on and go to heaven. While his trial is going on he meets this woman named Julia and they fall in love.

I would give this move a four out of five stars. Only because some parts were a little boring and I wanted to see more of his past. But overall it was a good movie and I was happy with the ending.

Funny thing is that in the movie Julia is played by Meryl Streep and then 18 years later she plays another Julia as Julia Child in Julie and Julia. Anyways happy watching.

PS I start school tomorrow! Scary Scary!

No comments: