Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Because you know what? Waiting sucks


(found this on pinterest)

I know most people have heard this story from me but I think it's a great story. Anyways I've been writing my friend Ryan since July when I found out he was on his mission that same month.
Here's some back story I met Ryan when I was a junior in high school and he was a senior we were in seminary class together and since in that class we never changed seats I never got a chance to sit by him. But I never payed any attention to him that much, except when he went up to give the devotional. I loved the scriptures he gave they were super spiritual and inspirational.
So apparently from what I remember he had always thought I was cute but never had the guts to talk to me, but on the last day the seniors were in class he sat next to me and he asked me for my number, he told me later that night that he didn't want to not graduate without having talked to me.
After that we talked almost every single day via texting, and we went on a date one night because my friends told me I needed to find a date. And then we saw each other one other time he came to see me one time at lunch when he wasn't working or had school. That was the last time I saw him.
Well one day during the summer I was on facebook and I was trying to look at my messages but the top button wasn't working so I clicked the one on the side. I noticed I had some other messages which I thought was weird so I looked at it and I noticed I had a message from Ryan Parry. I read it and I was so upset I cried for like an hour because I wanted so badly to be able to talk to him again. He reported to the MTC July 13th and I read it the 18th.
I did what the picture said I found a way. I was able to get on a website and I wrote him a letter in the hopes he'd want to write me. We've been writing ever since. I know this is going to sound crazy but I've never been happier than when he writes me or I write him.

No comments: